More than ever, desktop and mobile users do local searches with all the”close me” qualifier. And if they don’t, search engines are kind enough to auto-suggest it. The”near me” happening is growing, and neighborhood companies are scrambling to maximize their site content to adapt these kinds of searches.
Even though”near me” searches are not the majority of neighborhood searches, they’re valuable because they reveal local intent. To put it differently, they signify high traffic to your regional company.
Many small business owners believe that so as to look in”near me” lookup results, they need to be in near proximity to the searcher. However, this isn’t necessarily the situation. Have a look at the example below. Though Bob Evans is nearer, the Brown Derby rankings higher. Why? Better Google reviews. As per a study performed in 2016 by Search Engine Land, this variable, together with keyword and place laden traffic and inner hyperlinks may make a difference in where your property in search results.
Strategies for Higher Search Positions for”Near Me” Searches
So, depending on the analysis available, what measures can you take now to boost your visibility for these kinds of searches? Listed below are seven actionable things to begin today.
- Get Google Reviews. Invite customers to leave reviews for you on your own Google business list (but do not confuse them). Research suggests that Google testimonials can impact the positioning of your company from the Google listings as seen from the case above.
- Insert”close to me” into the tags of your pages. This could contain your metadata, such as page name and description, which look from the code of your webpages.
- Insert”near me” (along with other popular keyword variants like”closest me” or”nearby”) into the page text from your place webpage (s).
- Insert”close to me” into the anchor text of internal links on your pages. This is particularly significant on shop locator pages when your company has more than 1 location. Embedding a Google Map may also be helpful for every page.
- Insert”close to me” into the webpage URL(s).
- Get backlinks (incoming links to a webpage) to your place pages using anchor text that contains your town and state.
- Follow the steps above with variations like”nearby” or”loved me”
Along with the measures above, make sure you include your town and state in hyperlinks and URLs wherever applicable.